To what extent did the Salem Witch Trials result from a "gap between the expectations of a united community and the reality of a diverse and divided one?" Include the political, social and religious circumstances that contributed to the hysteria.
1. Analyze the question: Make sure you understand every aspect of the question and plan your essay so it directly answers the question.
2. Collect and sort information/ make an outline
3. Develop your thesis: This is the most important aspect of your essay. Everything in the body depends on this!
4. The introduction: Hook me! Introduce the topic, provide an insightful comment regarding analysis of the question, and write a clear developed thesis.
5. The body of the essay: Strong topic sentences should be supported with relevant data. Paragraphs should be connected with transition sentences, words, ideas, etc.
6. Write the conclusion: Reinforce your thesis; summarize the main points of your essay. Don't introduce new material.
7. Read over the essay: Proof read your essay for grammar/mechanical errors
Note: 1-3 must conference; 1-2 must rewrite