While the Roman Empire was undoubtedly one of the most powerful and
technologically advanced and literate societies of its time, it was also one of
the most violent.
That one reason cited for the fall of Rome is the decline of morals and
- Compare and Contrast Rome and the United States
- Draw conclusions about Roman society based on the contents of the film
Power and Glory
Write Agree or Disagree next to each statement and discuss answers at your
- When people repeatedly view violence in different forms of entertainment,
they become hardened to it and are not upset by it.
- Playing violent video games and watching television programs or movies
with extreme violence is just a leisure activity and not something that can
desensitize people to violence.
- We glorify violence in our country.
- Societies that glorify violence and accept it as a form of entertainment
are barbaric and uneducated.
- Violence begets violence, and if you watch it you will want to behave in a