Use your text to answer the
The Early Republic Qs
- Who were the advocated of
centralization? Why did they want to alter or abolish the Articles of
- What did those who favored
centralization see as the most serious problem of the Articles? How would
they have changed them? What had prevented any changes?
- What were the characteristics of
the men who met at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia? What were
their socio-economic backgrounds?
- What were the main positions of the
Virginia and New Jersey Plans?
- How did the Great Compromise draw
from those Plans?
- How did sectionalism and the issue
of slavery influence the
- List the provisions and the
underlying principles of the U. S. Constitution.