The Story of Us - The American Revolution
Define the following terms in your notes:
State of the militia early in the war:
July 4th, 1776: How the reading of the Declaration of Independence affected colonial soldiers and citizens:
July 12th, 1776: British vs. America NYC
· Population of NY:
· Number of British Ships:
· Number of British Troops:
· Washington’s military strategy vs. British:
· Prisoner/prison conditions and # of deaths:
1777: British March from Canada
· Describe the British war party (how many, who traveled with them, etc.)
· Who was Daniel Morgan, and what role did he play in the American Revolution?
· How did the new war strategy and tactics used turn the tide of the war in favor of the Americans?
· Strategy used:
· Why controversial:
· How did the French alliance affect the war’s outcome?
· How many troops:
· What goes wrong:
How Washington is able to hold troops together despite conditions:
· Who was Baron Augustus von Steuben:
· Why is he significant?
What were some of the innovative ways Americans fought small pox during the Revolution? What were the risks and potential rewards of these methods?
What change in the construction of rifles helped the Americans during the Revolutionary War?
Explain the significance of the spy network:
·How had the US army change since the invasion of NYC in 1776?
What are three major reasons the Americans won the Revolutionary War? Give some specific examples from this program or from your own reading.